Friday, December 28, 2012

Facing my Phobia of Pictures


I've taken very few pictures of myself throughout the years because I've always been unhappy with my weight, but I desperately want to leave behind pictures of myself in the case of my inevitable death (as it will eventually reach out to all of us). I want my kids to have visual memories of me. In January of 2012 my brother unexpectedly and tragically died. I loved him so much, and happy pictures of him have comforted me. If I died today I'd probably leave less than 20 pictures of my adult life (counting this one). So my first step before weightloss surgery was to take a picture of myself, one that shows my happiness. Bucket List # 1 for 2013: Have family pictures taken shortly after I've lost a few pounds with surgery, and take some pictures of myself before surgery. (You know in case I kick the bucket before I ever get to the thin picture ready me.) I don't mean to be morbid, but my brother's tragic death leaves no room to wonder if life is ever guaranteed. So I'm living it now while I can!

No comments:

Post a Comment